I have seen badges (buttons) on blogs that say "Follow Me on Twitter" and when you click on them you are linked to their twitter page. So I joined Twitter a little while ago and have been wanting to add a twitter badge to my blog but the dilemma is how to do it myself with minimal tech knowledge. So I searched Etsy and found a few badges but they were all for sale and I was wanting to do it myself for FREE.
Next On my quest I Google searched "twitter badges for your blog" and came up with several helpful tips and sources for free twitter badges.
I chose my free twitter badge from:
Here is how I did it:
1. I chose my graphics badge here.
2. I right clicked on the graphic image that I chose and saved it to a file on my own computer.
3. Then I navigated to my Blog home page and clicked on "Customize" in the top right hand corner of the nav bar at the top of my blog.
4. Under "Layout" tab that opened up I clicked on "Add Gadget" for my right hand sidebar area.
5. Then I scrolled down until I found "Add Picture" and clicked on it.
6. This brought up the "Configure image" menu.
7. In another firefox window I went to twitter and clicked on "Profile" to bring up my personal twitter address and then I copied the address.
8. Back in the Configure image menu I titled the image "Follow me on Twitter", then I pasted the address I had copied from twitter into the box where it says "Link". Then I "Browsed" my computer for the saved image file I had chosen for my twitter badge (what I selected in step 2).
9. Here is what my "Configure image" window looked like when I was done.
10. All I did then was hit "SAVE" on the "Configure image" menu and voila I have my own functioning link to help others find me on twitter.
11. Last but not least I select "Save" on the "Layout" menu then select 'View Blog". The END!
*** This tutorial is for beginner bloggers with little tech knowledge like myself. I only hope this will save someone a little time and money. This tutorial is meant for Blogspot bloggers and I used Firefox as my web browser for the tutorial.