Friday, March 28, 2008

Manzanita Rocks!


So these are some of my favorite earrings to make. I collect the stones, pair them up, drill them and turn them into these great earings.



Here is a picture of my sister Melissa and me around Thanksgiving when she visited. We ended up going to the coast for the weekend.


Here is Melissa collecting the beach pebbles that are uncovered by the outgoing tide.


Here we both are collecting and fantasizing about what we can make with each stone. We collected the stones in Manzanita, Oregon. I have many designs in my head of beautiful little jewelry that I can make but the challenge is drilling these stones and pairing them up so that they match. It is always tricky to drill the stones without breaking the drill bit. It makes the ones that I do get drilled feel that much more special.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...